Tuesday 4 June 2013

Alliance (Alliance #1) by Danyele Johnson & Shannon Dermott

Alliance (Alliance #1) by Danyele Johnson & Shannon Dermott
 
This is a young adult paranormal romance novel (Rated R)
 
♥♥♥♥♥
(Five Delicious Hearts)
 
Book Summary
 
Warning - This book is intended for mature audience. Excessive language and sexual situations may not be suitable for younger teens. This story also includes m/m romance.

Keller Witmore is a bang ‘em and leave ‘em kind of guy. Seeing that he is an incubus, so you can hardly blame him. In all his seventeen years, he’s never had anyone, a mom nor a dad to show him what love means. No one except for Hudson, his best friend, his brother in every sense of the word except blood. Growing up in the boarding school for demon and angel Halves, he’s known no other life. But when a war brews and the campus is closed, he will find out a lot of things about himself, what he is, who he is and who he wants to become. When it’s all said and done, can he ever go back to the way things were?

Hudson Yarde’s life revolves around being Keller’s wingman, it’s a full time job with both it’s perks and drawbacks. Drawn into the Keller’s antics since a young age, Hudson stays to protect Keller from himself, stays to hide in his shadows, away from the spotlight. He stays to keep his secret. For years he’s been waiting for his incubus nature to kick in but it hasn't happened yet. A chance meeting, the impending of war and being freed from the judgment and rules, gives him the opportunity to be what he wants to be, himself.

Together they leave for the human domain. Neither of them aware of the others secrets or of those around them. And for the first time, a gap could wedge between them, carved by the sharp knife of distrust. Lies of omission will draw a line between them at the dawn of the war over humanity.
 
 
My Review - Terri @mybookboyfriend
 
This is one of my favorite authors. If you haven’t read any of her books, you are missing out.  What we have here is a story of secrets. And man there are some whoppers. Things happen in this book that I hadn’t expected at all.
It’s hard not to like the two main characters in this book. They both have their strengths and weaknesses.  And when they are forced into the human world, all hell breaks loose, literally, lol.
What’s surprising is how they handle it? I think that’s where the twist I never saw coming happen. Specifically the party. Mmmm.
This author always has delicious guys in her stories. Don’t believe me, check out other reviews who say the same thing. I can’t wait for the next book in the series.
My book boyfriend Keller. (I got this from the author's blog. love it)

View all my reviews

*Disclaimer - I am not the owner of this picture. I found it on the web for causal fun use on my blog for which I receive no compensation. If this picture belongs to you (you are the copyright owner) please let me know and I will remove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment