Saturday 22 September 2012

Blue Notes (Blue Notes #1) by Shira Anthony

 
Blue Notes (Blue Notes #1) by Shira Anthony
 
A m/m contemporary romance novel (Rated NC-17)
 
3.5 out of 5 stars
 
Book Summary
 
Blame it on jet lag. Jason Greene thought he had everything: a dream job as a partner in a large Philadelphia law firm, a beautiful fiancée, and more money than he could ever hope to spend. Then he finds his future wife in bed with another man, and he’s forced to rethink his life and his choices. On a moment’s notice, he runs away to Paris, hoping to make peace with his life.

But Jason’s leave of absence becomes a true journey of the heart when he meets Jules, a struggling jazz violinist with his own cross to bear. In the City of Love, it doesn’t take them long to fall into bed, but as they’re both about to learn, they can’t run from the past. Sooner or later, they’ll have to face the music.

About the series: Each Blue Notes Series story is standalone and can be read in any order. All of the stories are set in the same classical music universe.

 
My Review Terri @mybookboyfriend
 

Jason was burned by his fiancé. Knowing he was part of the problem spurred him to take some time off from his demanding job. Thinking he would find solace in a causal fling, he never thought that he’d meet a guy that would draw out that part of him that was always attracted to men.

Jules is a carefree guy. The kind of guy that life kicked in the butt so many times, he just rolls with the punches. He never thought he would meet a guy that would complete care about him in a way no one not even his own mother has.

This is a match made in heaven. And I did like the dynamics between the two. My only problem is the set up. I just don’t see the causal way Jason took it. As a lawyer, I would think he would be more cautious. But getting over that, it was a really cute story.

My only other wish would have been that the author had not continued refer to them as the older and younger man. I got it that there was about a 10 year age difference. I was annoyed to be reminded time and time again.

My book boyfriend, Jason.


View all my reviews

*Disclaimer - I am not the owner of this picture. I found it on the web for causal fun use on my blog for which I receive no compensation. If this picture belongs to you (you are the copyright owner) please let me know and I will remove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment